Sunday, July 17, 2005

My Weekend

I watched parts of these movies over the weekend:


  1. Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail
  2. Bhagbhan
  3. Charlies Angels Full Throttle
  4. Jajantaram Mamantaram
  5. When Harry Met Sally
  6. Mohabatein
  7. Some random Tamil Movie with Prabhudeva and Parthiban in it (I didnt catch the name)

I remembered my time in the USA where I had a Netflix (www.netflix.com) subscription and watched a movie a day. I had started with the 3 at a time plan but was going through the movies so quickly I moved up to the 5 at a time plan. I was also making use of the movies one could rent from the local public libary as well. This kept my movies watching requirements well fed. Am missing the Netflix subscriptions convenience but as a placebo am instead buying VCDs from the Chennai Landmarks(http://www.landmarkonthenet.com/home.html) at fairly regular intervals and have also signed up for a cable subscription with the all the available channels. I seem to prefer the Landmark in the Spencers Mall to the older one near Gemini.

Saturday:
Drove to Tambaram and back twice on Saturday. A total distance of around 100 km. Killed 4 hours on Saturday doing this. I had my Archos Jukebox charged up and with a playlist of a couple of thousand mp3s on shuffle it eased the stress of the trips on Saturday.

Sunday:
Slept for most part of the morning after having skipped going to Church. Woke up to watch a little TV, have lunch and then go back to sleep. Went to Food World to get a couple of snacks and also picked up the latest Outlook Traveller. It had an interesting cover story about exotic train trips in India. Got suckered in to buying it. The article had some steam in the first trip about the Nilagiri Mountain Railway and its steam engine but after that there wasnt much to keep my attention.
Spent the evening moving my desktop computer from thwe living room where it had occupied space to another room. Killed the rest of the evening watching movies on the Comp/Cable and that was it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mint Chutney said...

I couldn't live without NetFlix!

July 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home