Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Sore Eyes

One of the guys at work told us that he has been diagnosed with some rare degenerative retinal problem which could result in his losing his vision within the next four years. There supposedly isnt a cure for it and all that could be done is steroid based treatment to contain the spread of the degeneration. I feel pretty bad for him and what he is goign through as it is a very scary thing to be told that you have a very good chance of going blind within a couple of years.
Cannot imagine being unable to see the faces of my family and friends, reading books, watching my favourite movies and television shows , browsing the net, sketching and photography. I do wish my colleague the best and hope that it was a false alarm he got today and that things will work out for him.

Thinking back to my own experiences with eye problems caused due to chronic dry eyes and having to go to the doctor every couple of months with an eye infection caused due to dust in my eyes. The worst bout required the Doctor to put some weird ultaviolet dye in my eye and then look at it using a special lamp to find the embedded dust particle and remove it with a Needle. Yes a needle. Each time I had the eye infection due to the dust I was in so much pain that it felt like someone had punched me right in the eyeball. Had been fairly free from the symptoms for a couple of years but off and on it flares up and causes discomfort. Like today my eye feels like there is some grit in it but washing it with water didnt do too much. Hope I am not coming down with it again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rat said...

Hey thats damn sad about your colleague. Hope its a false alarm too.

I was damn surprised to see the link of my blog on yours. You have never visted my blog before??

July 20, 2005  
Blogger Danesh said...

Sad and scary too.

July 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home